WHO SHOULD VISIT LOCAL ISLANDS?
- Travellers who want to enjoy water-based activities such as snorkeling, diving, surfing or paddleboarding
- Budget travellers who want to see the real Maldives
- Travellers who are keen to experience LOCAL Maldivian LIFE– Travellers who are interested in visiting a new tourism market, and supporting a growing industry that will have long-lasting benefits to the islanders
- Adventurous travellers with younger children – the islands are safe and the local children are very, very friendly
- Travellers who simply want to ‘tick it off the list’ and who don’t want to spend huge amount of money for resort
WHO SHOULDN’T VISIT LOCAL ISLANDS?
- People who have Maldives on their bucket list – isn’t it there because of the decadent resort experience dream?
- Who must have a near perfect bed – the beds in Maldives are smaller and harder
- People who must have a hot shower! The hot water heaters can run out quickly or you can wait for it longer
- People who love to drink alcohol when they vacation – there is strickt prohibition on local islands of Maldives
- If you think value for money is essential – Prices are higher because this is a new industry in isolated places, if you don’t want to accept that, then look rather elsewhere.
- You would find it very difficult to look past trash/rubbish – there is still some of it (as all developing countries Maldives have issues with waste management).
- People who are particularly averse to insects, geckos and strange smells. Insects will get in, and the water used in the guest houses can have a slight smell of corals – it is not dangerous but uncomfortable for more senzitive people – you got bottle of drinking water every day that you can use for your face hygiene if you prefer it
- Most romantic honeymooners – if you imagine your honeymoon with perfect service, gourmet food, guaranteed comfort and absolute peace of mind, then budget for a resort or choose another destination.
Huraa Island is only about 20 km from Male International Airport – the travel takes about 30 Minutes by speedboat or 70 Minutes by ferry.
It is possible to swim on the island in a BIKINIS?
Yes, there is bikini beach on Huraa island, where is swimming and sunbathing in swimsuit allowed. Everywhere else is necessary to wear at least dress or T-shirt and shorts.
Nudism is prohibited in the Maldives.
What are the terms of PAYMENT in case of booking?
Unless otherwise agreed, payment conditions are as follows: about 20% of the accommodation price paid in advance by Paypal or Account transfer, the remaining amount in cash in US dollars. Credit card payment after arrival is not possible!
It is possible to TRAVEL to nearby islands?
Yes, we offer many trips to deserted islands nearby. Also you can travel yourself, but you have to check the schedule of MTCC ferries in advance.
Extra Offer – If you are interested in visiting the RESORT ISLAND, we can arrange DAY PASS, valid 9AM – 5PM with all inclusive. The price is 120USD per person , including transport.
In case you are interested in EVENING RESORT visit only with alcohol and nonalcoholic drinks included, we can arrange is for you in Chaya resort for 60USD per person only, 8PM – 12PM.
Is it possible to EXCHANGE currency and use ATMs?
Maldivian currency is the rupee, but USD are accepted everywhere. ATMs and currency exchange office can be found only at the airport and in the capital city, Male. Therefore, recommendable is to have enough USD cash.
In Maldives is alcohol allowed only in tourist resorts and uninhabited islands. At the airport run import checks of the baggages – prohibited substances like alcohol, pork or pornographic material are taken and import of such stuff can result in fine or even prison.
Alcohol can be arranged on safari boats or small islands if you order it in advance (oriental prices: $ 5 per beer and $ 40 per bottle of wine)
Best option for those who can not imagine holiday without alcohol is resort visit.
Are there SNORKELING opportunities?
Deffinately yes, Maldives are famous with their underwater life. You can snorkel even from the island, but you have to be carefull about the low water as on most atols.
Are there electroADAPTERS and TOWELS or toilet paper in the rooms?
Yes, adapters are available – 1 peace in each room, towels and toilet papers are given also and changed or added up to your request. No shower gel or shampoo.
Are there any SHOPS and RESTAURANTS on Huraa island?
Yes, there are several small shops with basic food and a few souvenyrshops.
There is only one Restaurant on the island, prices are significantly different for locals and for tourists. This is one of the reason why does our Guesthouse have own Restaurant, where is full board served, in form of buffet. Drinking water, tea and coffee are included.
Is there some LUGGAGE STORE possibility on the airport ?
Yes, there is nonstop luggage store center. Price for the storage of standard size suitcase is 5 USD.